One of the ways to stop hair loss is with carefully selected hair care products. Whether you are in the early stages of hair thinning or are worried about the gleaming domes of family members, start the fight today by taking care of hair loss products.
Aside from the genetic and lifestyle causes of hair loss, the major culprit behind male pattern baldness is excess dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT shrinks the hair follicle, resulting in lighter, finer hair until it disappears. Therefore, hair products that combat hair loss focus on DHT blockers. Look at these thinning hair products that help fight hair loss and make you look great.
Hair growth products
The basis for any hair loss prevention program is a hair growth product. One for which you have not seen any commercials is Billy Jealousy Hair Raiser Follicle Revitalizer, which adds thickness to thin or fine hairs while working to prevent hair loss. Swertia and licorice extract block DHT, methyl nicotinate increases blood flow to the scalp, and additional ingredients ensure maximum product storage and absorption. Just apply a small amount and style as usual. For additional effectiveness, apply at night too.
There are also the usual big guns , Rogaine, Nioxin and more. All these products work well for some and do nothing for others, so try them out until you find the right one.
Even if you follow our advice as little as possible to go to shampoo, a cleaning is essential, especially if you use hair care products. Look for a solution that removes product deposits, dissolves oil and contains DHT blockers.
- The triple winner for the best shampoo Billy Jealousy Fuzzy Logic Hair Strengthing Shampoo will fill you with the bonus of a scalp-stimulating and invigorating peppermint scent. It works for every hair type from thin, fine hair to thick curls.
- Another gentle formula is Baxter of California Daily Protein Shampoo. It strengthens the hair’s power, gives the body more volume and makes hair easier to handle while removing deposits and natural toxins like DHT .
Nioxin and some other product lines contain a cleansing product or shampoo. Rogaine recommends a mild, gentle shampoo, especially for dry, flaky scalp.
No one should skip conditioner, but it is especially important given possible hair loss. Moisturizers prevent hair damage caused by sun, wind and dirt in addition to hair fixation. For fine hair, it will also add much needed thickness and volume to the hair, making the hair look fuller.
- Check out Billy Jealousy Cashmere Coat Hair Strengthening and Volumizing Conditioner, called Best Conditioner by Men’s Health.
Styling products and pomades
There are two things to consider when styling thinning hair. One is the styling needs of your hair type. The right products can make the hair thicker and help camouflage thin spots. Products can also help against hair loss. While shampoo and conditioner are washed out, hair products are available throughout the day and mostly at night for maximum DHT blocking power.
Some hair loss product lines include styling products and if that is the case, absolutely go with it. The formulas are coordinated so that you get the best results. Many products that regrow, however, contain no care products. In this case, here is what you should look out for to complete your care program.
- Billy Jealousy Sculpt Friction Fiber Paste is a great everyday hair product perfect for styling short to medium length hair. Provides grip with minimal shine throughout the day. The non-greasy paste moisturizes and nourishes the hair while adding volume.
- Billy Jealousy Lunatic Fringe is a highly adhesive water-based pomade with a high-gloss finish. The Men’s Health Best Styling Product Winner works for a range of hair types. It can control “hard to handle” hair, curls frizzy and does not strain fine hair. And of course it’s water-based, it rinses quickly and easily in the shower.
- For slick styles that require maximum support and shine, Billy Jealousy’s Clutch Play Texturizing Gunk is for you. This product is ideal for the demanding sculpting and texturing of the hair. Think of it as a modern gel that does not dry out or become flaky.
According to Rogaine, go ahead and use the hair products of your choice. The key is to apply Rogaine first and wait for it to dry first. If you use a hair dryer, use the lowest setting to protect the hair. The same guidelines should apply to other similar product lines.
The combination of hair growth products with DHT-blocking shampoo, conditioner and styling aids means you have every opportunity to fight hair loss. Any combination of these products should help to preserve the hair that you have, if not supplement.